Year established: 2010
Product types: Fixed Price listings, general merchandise
On one side, Storenvy is a series of online stores run by independent store owners. Stores are fully customizable, with a feature-rich store admin panel, and completely free. Founded in 2010 with Storenvy Marketplace launching in 2012, Storenvy is headquartered in San Francisco. Storenvy storefronts are perfect for clothing companies, bands, crafters & artists, nonprofits and anyone else who has something to sell. Their platform allows the everyday person to sell their goods online without any programming knowledge.
Pros and cons for online sellers
- No monthly or listing fees
- Countless options for customization
- Bounce rate is fairly low, considering that Storenvy is relatively new
- Buyer feedback of sellers is not publicized
- Fees per sale are moderately high
- Unique visits per seller are relatively low
There are many different ways to go about selling items online. Here are a couple things to keep in mind when selling items on Storenvy:
- Be sure to select the correct category for your items. A lot of shoppers who come to Storenvy are looking to browse the site and see what’s there, rather than searching for a specific item. If your product is something they would love, but isn’t in the category they’re browsing, they’ll never see it.
- Don’t steal traffic from other Storenvy users. The Storenvy community is a positive and encouraging place, and leaving links to your store on another store’s page or items, is not appropriate on Storenvy.
- Keep your customers in the know. Is your store going on hiatus? Only accepting custom orders? Make sure you share that information on your storefront.
Details and Features
Refer to the table below to get a sense of the various details and features for sellers on Storenvy.
|Storenvy Fees and Pricing|
|Fee per month||$0|
|Fee per sale||10% of sale price|
|Fee per listing||$0|
|Traffic and Online Engagement|
|US Site Rank||2,062|
|How many monthly unique visitors?||1.3 million|
|How many unique visits per seller?||32.5|
|What is the site’s bounce rate?||39.7%|
|What is the daily time spent on the site?||4:24|
|Policies and Customization|
|Can I customize my storefront?|
|Can I offer discounted listings?|
|Can I create featured listings?|
|Is there a public seller profile?|
|Is there public buyer feedback?|
|Tools for Sellers|
|Does the marketplace provide social media tools?|
|Does the marketplace provide options for shop analytics?|
|Does the marketplace provide resources for success?|
|Are there options to promote my listings or booth on the marketplace?|
|Is email support available?|
|Is phone support available?|
|Is live chat support available?|
|Most similar to: Amazon Bonanza Etsy|
We've got all the great information from these tables (plus more!) in one convenient place. Don't miss out - get your free copy of the Master Comparison Spreadsheet now.
1. Storenvy. “Storenvy – buy directly from the world’s most awesome indie brands.” Storenvy.com. 12 Apr. 2008. Web. 15 June 2015.
2. Storenvy. “Storenvy Fair & Simple Pricing.” Storenvy.com. 12 Apr. 2008. Web. 15 June 2015.
Last updated on:.