Year established: 2002
Product types: Negotiated ecommerce, general merchandise
iOffer is an online marketplace where you can buy and sell practically anything. There are 100+ million items for sale with thousands of active buyers and sellers. iOffer was founded in 2002 and is based out of San Francisco, California. iOffer deviates from the online auction business model and instead adopts the “negotiated commerce model,” characteristic of garage sales and flea markets, operating on the basis of negotiation between buyers and sellers rather than bidding. Sellers can post an asking price or request offers; buyers, in turn, can purchase an item at its asking price or make an offer. Users can also post “want ads” at no charge and barter.
Pros and cons for online sellers
- No listing fees and most fees per sale are relatively low
- There are millions of unique visitors each month
- Low bounce rate and high daily time on site
- Seller profiles are not made public
- Very little monthly traffic to site
- Options for customization are very limited
There are many different ways to go about selling items online. Here are a couple things to keep in mind when selling items on iOffer:
- If you receive an offer you don’t like, try countering the offer with a compromise. It’s usually better to counter an offer than to decline one. Keep the negotiation going until a happy medium is reached so you don’t lose a sale.
- Edit your item descriptions to reflect iOffer format. If you’re importing item listings from another marketplace like eBay, make sure you remove any eBay-specific language from your listings.
- Encourage buyers to purchase items in bundles. By offering items in bundles that are a good deal for the shopper, you will be able to sell more inventory and make your shoppers happy.
Details and Features
Refer to the table below to get a sense of the various details and features for sellers on iOffer.
|iOffer Fees and Pricing|
|Fee per month||$0|
|Fee per sale||$0.50-$40, depending on transaction cost|
|Fee per listing||$0|
|Traffic and Online Engagement|
|US Site Rank||5,129|
|How many monthly unique visitors?||484 thousand|
|How many unique visits per seller?||This data is currently unavailable.|
|What is the site’s bounce rate?||25.5%|
|What is the daily time spent on the site?||10:21|
|Policies and Customization|
|Can I customize my storefront?|
|Can I offer discounted listings?|
|Can I create featured listings?|
|Is there a public seller profile?|
|Is there public buyer feedback?|
|Tools for Sellers|
|Does the marketplace provide social media tools?|
|Does the marketplace provide options for shop analytics?|
|Does the marketplace provide resources for success?|
|Are there options to promote my listings or booth on the marketplace?|
|Is email support available?|
|Is phone support available?|
|Is live chat support available?|
|Most similar to: eBay eBid CQout|
We've got all the great information from these tables (plus more!) in one convenient place. Don't miss out - get your free copy of the Master Comparison Spreadsheet now.