Year established: 1998
Product types: Auction-style listings, general merchandise
eBid.net is an online auction website founded in December 1998. eBid has sellers in 23 countries and buyers in over 100 Countries. eBid uses its own online payment service, PPPay, to allow for payment, although Paypal and Skrill (Moneybookers) are also integrated payment methods. Listing a basic auction on eBid is free – the only fees come from final value sales and and a zero or small percentage final value fee is paid on selling your item. eBid has a Buddy system in place, where members can earn Buddy Points when they buy, sell or enlist new members. These points can then be used in Buddy Auctions to bid on various items.
Pros and cons for online sellers
- No fees per listing and low fees per sale
- Many options for store customization
- Auction-style listings can drive higher revenues for sellers
- Very little monthly traffic to site
- No option for store analytics
- Fees associated with creating featured listings
There are many different ways to go about selling items online. Here are a couple things to keep in mind when selling items on eBid:
- Establish yourself and support the eBid community by making a few small purchases. It will show buyers and sellers alike that you’re using the website, and will earn you some feedback.
- Keep your item titles simple, and elaborate in the item descriptions. Titles with too many words can be cluttered and overwhelming to the buyer. Take advantage of the item description to add details about your item, such as material or color.
- List as many items as possible. On eBid, you can list and re-list for free, so the more items you have listed, the more opportunity you have to make a sale.
Every year, eCommerceBytes conducts a survey of thousands of online sellers. The top marketplaces are rated by their users based on several categories. eBid’s results from 2016 are as follows:
Customer Service: 5/10
Ease of Use: 5.1/10
Would Recommend: 4.4/10
Details and features
Refer to the table below to get a sense of the various details and features for sellers on eBid.
|eBid Fees and Pricing|
|Fee per month||$0||$99.98 one time|
|Fee per sale||3% of sale price||0-2% of sale price|
|Fee per listing||$0||$0|
|Traffic and Online Engagement|
|UK Site Rank||25,755 (this site is based in the UK)|
|How many monthly unique visitors?||86.6 thousand|
|How many unique visits per seller?||eBid has declined to provide this data.|
|What is the site’s bounce rate?||42.2%|
|What is the daily time spent on the site?||4:51|
|Store Policies and Customization|
|Can I customize my storefront?|
|Can I offer discounted listings?|
|Can I create featured listings?||costs around $0.10 per listing||costs around $0.10 per listing|
|Is there a public seller profile?|
|Is there public buyer feedback?|
|Tools for Sellers|
|Does the marketplace provide social media tools?|
|Does the marketplace provide options for shop analytics?|
|Does the marketplace provide resources for success?|
|Are there options to promote my listings or booth on the marketplace?|
|Is email support available?|
|Is phone support available?|
|Is live chat support available?|
|Most similar to: eBay CQout iOffer|
We've got all the great information from these tables (plus more!) in one convenient place. Don't miss out - get your free copy of the Master Comparison Spreadsheet now.
1. eBid. “eBid – Buy and Sell Just About Anything.” eBid.net. 31 Jan. 2001. Web. 15 June 2015.
2. eBid. “eBid Help Desk – FAQ : Fees & Subscriptions.” eBid Help Desk – FAQ : Fees & Subscriptions. 31 Jan. 2001. Web. 15 June 2015.
3. eCommerceBytes.“Sellers Choice 2015: Merchants Rate Top Online Marketplaces.” Sellers Choice 2015: Merchants Rate Top Online Marketplaces. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.
Last updated on:.