Year established: 1990
Product types: Auction-style listings, general merchandise
CQout is a UK based International auction company, with users in more than 80 countries around the world, conducting person-to-person and business to consumer auctions. CQout’s online auction facilities enable buyers once registered to bid on a wide selection of merchandise, from computer software and hardware, consumer electronics, household appliances and collectibles to toys and sports equipment, which are sold by other individuals and merchants.
CQout offers sellers the opportunity to buy or sell items, via auction, to the largest audience available – the Internet Community. CQout is committed to ensuring that its internet auction site is a secure, reliable and easy place to trade on the Internet.
Pros and cons for online sellers
- No listing or membership fees
- Negative feedback is strictly managed so unsatisfactory sellers are removed from the site
- Support team available via email or phone
- Very little monthly traffic to site
- All users – buyers and sellers – must pay a fee to use the site
- Many additional features such as social media tools and shop analytics are unavailable
There are many different ways to go about selling items online. Here are a couple things to keep in mind when selling items on CQout:
- Make sure you’re ready to sell an item when you list it. Once an item listing has been bid on, you can’t change your mind and remove the item. If an item doesn’t have any bids, you can close the auction early.
- Contact the winning bidder as soon as possible. You risk receiving a negative rating if it takes longer than one week, so don’t delay – reach out to your buyers as soon as an item is sold.
- Use the item description space provided to be as precise as possible. This helps you eliminate the chance of false buyer expectations.
Details and features
Refer to the table below to get a sense of the various details and features for sellers on CQout.
|CQout Fees and Pricing|
|Fee per month||$3.05 one time|
|Fee per sale||3-6% depending on transaction amount|
|Fee per listing||$0|
|Traffic and Online Engagement|
|UK Site Rank||54,777 (this site is based in the UK)|
|How many monthly unique visitors?||CQout has declined to provide this data.|
|How many unique visits per seller?||CQout has declined to provide this data.|
|What is the site’s bounce rate?||37.1%|
|What is the daily time spent on the site?||3:02|
|Store Policies and Customization|
|Can I customize my storefront?|
|Can I offer discounted listings?|
|Can I create featured listings?|
|Is there a public seller profile?|
|Is there public buyer feedback?|
|Tools for Sellers|
|Does the marketplace provide social media tools?|
|Does the marketplace provide options for shop analytics?|
|Does the marketplace provide resources for success?|
|Are there options to promote my listings or booth on the marketplace?|
|Is email support available?|
|Is phone support available?|
|Is live chat support available?|
|Most similar to: eBay eBid iOffer|
We've got all the great information from these tables (plus more!) in one convenient place. Don't miss out - get your free copy of the Master Comparison Spreadsheet now.
1. CQout. “CQout – one of the largest online auctions.” CQout Online Auctions. 24 Aug. 1999. Web. 15 June 2015.
2. CQout. “CQout Online Auctions – Fees.” CQout Online Auctions. 24 Aug. 1999. Web. 15 June 2015.
Last updated on:.