Year established: 2008
Product types: Fixed Price listings, general merchandise
Bonanza.com is a fast-growing online marketplace headquartered in Seattle Washington. Relative newcomers to the eCommerce scene, the Bonanza marketplace consists of over 15 million items where sellers offer everything from Isometric sunglasses to Bieber perfume. Bonanza is a profitable company, and is used by merchants and shoppers located in nearly every country around the world to sell products in every category.
Bonanza currently empowers more than 40,000 entrepreneurs to create their dream businesses, minus the busywork. Built “by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs,” Bonanza understands what it means to be too busy for inconvenience. Bonanza removes the technical expertise needed to build a profitable online business, making the joys of entrepreneurship accessible for all.
Pros and cons for online sellers
- Low fees that only apply when user makes a sale
- Every listing is automatically sent to Google and Bing Shopping
- Easy-to-use import features for eBay, Etsy, and Amazon listings
- Lack of brand name recognition
- Options for customizing the layout of specific listings can be limiting
- Item inventory is generally smaller than big-name competitors
There are many different ways to go about selling items online. Here are a couple things to keep in mind when selling items on Bonanza:
- Save time getting started on Bonanza by using their time-saving tools. Bonanza has a great importing system that automatically imports and syncs your item listings from an existing marketplace you use, like Amazon or eBay. If you are listing items online for the first time, Bonanza allows you to edit multiple items at once.
- Use Bonanza’s item description drop-down menus to add specific item description details. These are the categories that shoppers use to filter their searches, so it will bring you more relevant traffic and shoppers.
- Use Bonanza’s Background Burner to replace the background of your item photo. Having a clean, blank background gives your item photos an added level of professionalism. On top of that, many online marketplaces require an all-white background for their item photos.
Every year, eCommerceBytes conducts a survey of thousands of online sellers. The top marketplaces are rated by their users based on several categories. Bonanza’s results from 2017 are as follows:
Customer Service: 6.11/10
Ease of Use: 6.16/10
Would Recommend: 6.21/10
Details and features
Refer to the table below to get a sense of the various details and features for sellers on Bonanza.
|Bonanza Fees and Pricing|
|Fee per month||$0||$24||$55||$166|
|Fee per sale||3.5% of sale price||3.5% of sale price||3.5% of sale price||3.5% of sale price|
|Fee per listing||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Traffic and Online Engagement|
|US Site Rank||1,331|
|How many monthly unique visitors?||8.2 million|
|How many unique visits per seller?||205|
|What is the site’s bounce rate?||49%|
|What is the daily time spent on the site?||4:31|
|Store Policies and Customization|
|Can I customize my storefront?|
|Can I offer discounted listings?|
|Can I create featured listings?|
|Is there a public seller profile?|
|Is there public buyer feedback?|
|Tools for Sellers|
|Does the marketplace provide social media tools?|
|Does the marketplace provide options for shop analytics?|
|Does the marketplace provide resources for success?|
|Are there options to promote my listings or booth on the marketplace?|
|Is email support available?|
|Is phone support available?|
|Is live chat support available?|
|Most similar to: Amazon Etsy Storenvy|
We've got all the great information from these tables (plus more!) in one convenient place. Don't miss out - get your free copy of the Master Comparison Spreadsheet now.
1. Bonanza. “Bonanza :: Find Everything but the Ordinary.” Bonanza.com. 20 May 1997. Web. 15 June 2015.
2. Bonanza. “Bonanza Pricing.” Bonanza Marketplace. 20 May 1997. Web. 15 June 2015.
3. eCommerceBytes.”Sellers Choice 2015: Merchants Rate Top Online Marketplaces.” Sellers Choice 2015: Merchants Rate Top Online Marketplaces. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.
Last updated on:.