Year established: 2008
Product types: Fixed Price listings, artisan crafts, art supplies
ArtFire.com is a marketplace, craft and maker community where people from around the world come together to buy, sell and interact. Located in the heart of the Tucson Arts District, ArtFire partners with Maker House to offer a community creative destination that supports local makers and indie businesses.
Maker House, also founded by John Jacobs and Tony Ford, is a collaborative and educational creative space with classes and camps for all ages and showcases unique performances by multidisciplinary artists and tech lovers. Rich with history and adorned with original hand painted murals by famous artist Salvador Corona, southwestern architectural elements unique to Tucson, including carved mesquite columns, marble hearths, saltillo tile and 200 year old mesquite flooring; Maker House and ArtFire represent a unique and emerging STEAM and maker movement.
Pros and cons for online sellers
- No listing or selling fees
- Developed forums hosting a variety of topics, including staff announcements, discounted items, and seller advice
- Specialized clientele who are more likely to purchase specialty items
- High bounce rate and low daily time on site
- Little exposure of products to those outside of the ArtFire community
- No option for store analytics
There are many different ways to go about selling items online. Here are a couple things to keep in mind when selling items on Artfire:
- Utilize the blog to share relevant content. Posting things like recipes, tutorials, and product information is a great way to drive traffic to your store.
- Create collections or treasuries on Artfire. By creating a collection, the shops included get notified and typically take a look at your stuff. Sometimes they will share them on social media, broadening your exposure.
- Don’t be afraid to share your products! Since Artfire is a smaller marketplace, giving out samples and carrying calling cards everywhere you go will give you a great opportunity for word-of-mouth marketing.
Every year, eCommerceBytes conducts a survey of thousands of online sellers. The top marketplaces are rated by their users based on several categories. Artfire was not featured in the 2017 survey, but their results from 2014 are as follows:
Customer Service: 4.72/10
Ease of Use: 5.22/10
Would Recommend: 4.15/10
Details and Features
Refer to the table below to get a sense of the various details and features for sellers on ArtFire.
|ArtFire Fees and Pricing|
|Fee per month||$0||$20||$40|
|Fee per sale||9% of sale price||3% of sale price||3% of sale price|
|Fee per listing||$0.23||$0||$0|
|Traffic and Online Engagement|
|US Site Rank||12,706|
|How many monthly unique visitors?||293 thousand|
|How many unique visits per seller?||ArtFire has declined to provide this data.|
|What is the site’s bounce rate?||56.2%|
|What is the daily time spent on the site?||3:02|
|Store Policies and Customization|
|Can I customize my storefront?|
|Can I offer discounted listings?|
|Can I create featured listings?|
|Is there a public seller profile?|
|Is there public buyer feedback?|
|Tools for Sellers|
|Does the marketplace provide social media tools?|
|Does the marketplace provide options for shop analytics?|
|Does the marketplace provide resources for success?|
|Are there options to promote my listings or booth on the marketplace?|
|Is email support available?|
|Is phone support available?|
|Is live chat support available?|
|Most similar to: Bonanza eCRATER Etsy|
We've got all the great information from these tables (plus more!) in one convenient place. Don't miss out - get your free copy of the Master Comparison Spreadsheet now.
1. Artfire. “Premier Handmade Marketplace to Buy & Sell Handmade Crafts, Supplies, Vintage and Art.” ArtFire.com. 15 Oct. 2001. Web. 15 June 2015.
2. ArtFire. “ArtFire Frequently Asked Questions.” Artfire.com. 15 Oct. 2001. Web. 15 June 2015.
3. eCommerceBytes.Sellers Choice 2015: Merchants Rate Top Online Marketplaces.” Sellers Choice 2015: Merchants Rate Top Online Marketplaces. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.
Last updated on:.